Comprehensive & Versatile
Effective architectural and landscape design services are achieved by being versatile. We aim to bring together interior and exterior spaces – then textured by form, light, colour, materials & plants to enrich the human spirit and function. Over the years we have developed a no-nonsense approach – getting to the nub of client aims, adding to them or transforming them – depending on individual circumstances. By making an appointment to visit us at our office – a process is started!
Architecture & Landscape Design both define broad disciplines – our services include:
- site planning – contextual assessment & response,
- property inspections & technical advice services through Archicentre Ltd,
- conceptual and detailed design including interiors,
- documentation (working drawings & specifications) in preparation for receiving tenders/quotes,
- realisation of construction – by administering AIA/MBAV building contracts.
According to each client’s needs and their project’s circumstance, we are a conduit and filter, co-ordinating:
- allied professionals – e.g. engineers, land surveyors,
- statutory processes,
- owner’s corporation applications,
- cost planning,
- thermal performance,
- bush fire design,
- heritage matters,
- heating/cooling, building automation services,
- external services including effective site drainage, terracing, water features, pools, watering systems,
- contract administration.
As dexterous design facilitators we advise clients on how to “cut the cloth” across front and tail end issues of design and construction. Our portfolio describes a range of projects – including before, after and building process images.
Residential Projects – new homes, units, additions & alterations to homes, alterations and/or remedial works:
- Getting Started – a fixed or percentage fee sketch process subject to an understanding of likely complexity.
- Beyond the Sketch process – accompanying this initial process, a fee submission will outline architectural processes and fees specific to project circumstances.
Landscape & External Works Projects – residential, commercial, civic recreational:
- Residential Advice – fixed fee process including onsite visit, report – no more than 3 hours all up.
- Residential Sketch – a fixed fee sketch process includes briefing, site visit, preliminary measure of circumstances, sketch design (possibly options) and opinion of cost. Fees depend on an understanding of likely complexity.
- Beyond the Sketch process – accompanying this initial process, a fee submission will outline processes and fees specific to project circumstances, typically involving a planting plan, watering system plan, specification and maintenance notes.
- Commercial & Civic Recreational Advice – fixed fee process including onsite visit, report. Possible outcomes leading to further fee submission.